Find out more about the business plan!
This multiannual plan describes the ambition of BBD Foundation in collaboration with its stakeholders for the period 2018-2020, and is a continuation and intensification of the expanded strategy that began in 2011 with the report ‘Agenda biobased economy Zuidwest-Nederland: Agro meets Chemistry – Propositie naar topgebieden van Rijk en Europa 2020’.
For the period 2018-2020, this multiannual plan focuses on four main lines:
- Continuation of the development of sustainable circular and biobased programs – Redefinery, Sugar Delta and Biorizon, focusing on consortium formation and acquisition
- Extending the national and international network to accelerate knowledge, R&D and business development and accelerate new business initiatives (MNO, SME, startups and scale-ups)
- Increase the added value of the operating lines supporting the (I) regional circular and biobased SME ecosysteem and (II) the regional operating lines in cooperation with regional economic development agencies and (III) superregional coordination and linking between top locations and application centres
- Reorientation & repositioning is planned on the following subjects:
- Strategy: mission, objectives, connection with government policy regarding public funding, added value and earnings model (Attract business partners with financial and / or in-kind contributions)
- Structure: organisation and governance
- Flagship projects: acquisition, consortia, scalable business cases (connect MNOs, SMEs, startups and scale-ups)
- Operating lines: intensification and optimization, focused on supporting circular and biobased MNOs, SMEs, startups and scale-ups.
Want to read more? Download the business plan.